Local Restrictions were introduced in RCT at 6pm on 17th September.
The restrictions mean that:
- People will not be allowed to enter or leave the Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council boundary area without a reasonable excuse;
- People will only be able to meet outdoors for the time being. People will not be able to meet members of their extended household indoors or form an extended household for the time being.
- People who live in the Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough area MUST work from home unless it is not reasonably practicable to do so.
- Indoor public venues, such as pubs, bars, restaurants, play centres, community centres, places of worship, leisure facilities and local attractions WILL remain open but these will only be accessible to those who live within Rhondda Cynon Taf and you should only attend with members of your immediate household (people you live with). These venues will have an obligation to ensure that you do not mix with people not in your immediate household and will be asked to ensure that you that you remain apart. View FAQ’s for businesses.
- Masks or three layer face coverings are now mandatory in Wales and MUST be appropriately worn in ALL indoor spaces and where social distancing can’t be maintained, unless you have a valid or medical exemption for not doing so – view Welsh Government guidelines. We are also asking residents to volunteer to wear them in all busy outdoor public spaces – including high streets and outside school gates at pick-up and drop-off times.
- Schools, child care settings and colleges WILL remain open and home to school transport WILL continue to operate in accordance with the latest Public Health Wales guidance – Read the Return to School FAQ’s;
- People should not visit care homes, unless it is an end of life visit where full PPE will be required.
For more information, go to the Welsh Government’s FAQs page: https://gov.wales/rhondda-cynon-taf-lockdown-frequently-asked-questions
If you can’t find the information you need, get in touch!